Attorney-Mediators Association (ATMA)
The Attorney-Mediators Association (ATMA) is a non-profit association of Lawyers that have completed an accredited Mediation skills training offered by a national or internationally recognized training institution.
ATMA commenced operations in 2018 and became formally registered under the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on January 10th, 2019, at the Corporate Affairs Commission.
The Association was founded by Mr. Valentino Buoro, with a vision to create a forum for legal attorneys who are Mediation practitioners to actively engage in discussing local and global trends as well as exchange ideas for the advancement of mediation through the setting up of specialized mediation training that meets international best practices.
ATMA is an inclusive association of professional men and women in various fields of law practice with full accreditation in Mediation skills training. We strive to promote and maintain a collection of the vibrant and evolving spectrum of individuals of diverse ages, specialization, and background to reflect real time and changing needs of dispute resolution whether commercial, social, public, or private. ATMA is pro collaboration amongst its members as well as counterparts in other associations and organizations.
We are like-minded individuals that share the call to mediation, to practice with integrity, excellence and deploying technology to reach our goals and objectives.
- Enablers and
of resolution and peace in societies.
Our Core Values
To Promote Mediation as a fast and efficient dispute resolution mechanism for dispensation of Justice
To embrace the endless possibilities of technology in the now and the future of Mediation,
To create better awareness of Mediation as an effective alternative dispute resolution in the Legal space and among legal professionals
To support and encourage Members’ continued specialization in various fields and niche markets of Mediation
Aims & Objectives
- To provide an interactive forum for Lawyers who have been trained as Mediators to share professional experiences and improve upon their skills as attorney-mediators.
- To maintain high ethical standards and continuing professional programs for members.
- To collate and offer appropriate information on the field of mediation and other dispute resolution options
- To keep members abreast with support tools for practices and services.
- To organize in person or online conferences, seminars, workshops, symposia, and other events to provide training and to promote interaction and understanding among attorney-mediators and affiliate mediation practitioners.
- To liaise with other relevant bodies and agencies for the achievement of its goals.
- To leverage on technology to achieve the Associations objective
- To encourage members to be the embodiment of mediation in all aspects of their lives .